Assisted Living Community in Bedford, TX
Looking for comfortable assisted living in Bedford?
When you want to continue living life to its fullest but could use a little help along the way, Parkwood is your perfect choice. Our senior care professionals don’t just assist with activities of daily living, they’re also here to help make life more manageable and enjoyable.
Our beautiful Bedford retirement community is designed for folks who want an independent lifestyle but need a little assistance with everyday life. We offer all-inclusive rates for both traditional and enhanced assisted living.
Learn how assisted living helps you maintain a greater level of independence with the right amount of daily support. Call us at 817-354-6556 or use the contact form on this page to get in touch.
No surprises, all-inclusive assisted living is right for you.
Parkwood offers personal senior care at an all-inclusive rate, which means you’ll never pay additional fees for additional levels of care. Your all-inclusive fee covers care level and amenities and utilities except for personal laundry, cable and telephone landline.
Your monthly fee provides you with:
- Private residence in a choice of floor plans
- Activities of daily living that include: Assistance with bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, medication administration and management, and one-person transfer
- 24-hour nursing assistance
- Dedicated assisted living director
- Personal laundry service
- Housekeeping service
- Three meals daily in dining rooms
- Basic cable, Wi-Fi/internet, water/sewer, and electricity
- Caring and respectful senior care staff on site
- Full calendar of age-appropriate activities and events
- Scheduled transportation for medical appointments
- Emergency pull cord system in resident apartments
Assisted Living Floor Plans
We offer a variety of floor plan options to best meet your needs and lifestyle. Choose from our spacious studios, suites and one-bedroom apartments — all featuring private baths and showers.
So what’s not included in this all-inclusive fee?
Not much! The only extras you’ll pay for are personal laundry, additional cable packages, phone bills, incontinence supplies and beauty/barbershop services.
Senior Living Amenities.
Parkwood is an inviting senior living community, rich with a caring staff and the right combination of services and amenities, including:
- Spacious, bright accommodations
- Dining programs, including three meals a day
- Emergency call system in resident rooms
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Spiritual services
- Organized activities that appeal to mind, body and spirit
- Beauty salon (additional fees apply)
Schedule a Tour and Learn How We Can Help
Choosing a community is a big step, and we’re glad you’re considering Parkwood Healthcare. It can be a great relief to know that your loved one will get the helping hand they need now, and that they’ll be in the right place as their health continues to change. One of the best ways to learn about us is to experience our community and learn what makes Parkwood unique.
Eliminate the challenges of inconvenient doctor visits.
We understand the hassle of visiting a physician to manage chronic health conditions. Rather than sit in a waiting room, Parkwood Healthcare residents enjoy the benefit of having a primary care physician available who visits them in the comfort of their apartment. Dr. Soroush Behnam, our medical director, can manage their care at the community.
So, gone are the days of scheduling doctor appointments, transporting your loved one, educating staff on medications, running records down, and so on. Residents benefit from a holistic approach that reduces or minimizes the burden on the family. Primary care services are billed separately from your all-inclusive fee.
Medication management services: When more help is needed.
When it’s time to support your loved one with a higher level of medication management, we can help. Unlike other senior living options in Bedford that rely on external providers to manage residents’ medication needs or only provide prompting to remind a resident to take his/her medication, Parkwood has a nurse or certified medication aide, available seven days a week, who can administer prescriptions.
But we don’t stop there. We understand the hassle of keeping up with refills and making sure that your loved one has their prescription available. We can coordinate with the resident’s physician and work with our pharmacy partners to ensure we have their prescription(s) refilled, always delivered and on-hand. Medications are billed to Medicare Part D, and we keep them locked in a medication cart and dispensed at the designated times of day. This helps prevent overdosing or missed doses.
For complex needs like diabetes that require insulin injections, our staff can also provide insulin injections.
5 Advantages to Medication Management at Parkwood Healthcare:
- 1. Residents receive the right medications at the appropriate dosage.
- 2. Residents are given medications on time, and the dispensing of medicine is well-documented.
- 3. Residents’ medications are cross-referenced for specific allergies and adverse drug reactions.
- 4. If a drug reaction occurs, prompt attention is given, and intervention plans are immediately enacted to prevent harm to the patient.
- 5. The medication management program is routinely reviewed and, if needed, improved in a timely manner.