Comprehensive wound care management, including prevention of wound complications and promotion of wound healing, is a clinical-care specialty at Parkwood Healthcare—directed by our consulting physician and coordinated by on-staff clinicians.
The Parkwood Healthcare clinical care team includes an on-staff registered nurse and a licensed master social worker.
• Combined Decongestive Therapy-the choice for treatment of Lymphedema according to the International Society of Lymphology
• Lymphedema therapy provided by certified occupational therapists
• Medication infusion therapy
• Bedside wound debridement
• Wound Vacuum-Assisted Closure (V.A.C.) therapy
• Weekly physician visits
• Specialty mattresses
• Wound care nurse on staff
• Post-surgical wound management
• Post discharge follow-up (as needed)
Dr. Shahida Rafiq, M.D.
Dr. Rafiq has more than 20 years of practice and specializes in family medicine and provides expert direction for the wound management program at Parkwood Healthcare. She is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, Dallas Regional Medical Center, Crescent Medical Center Lancaster. In addition to her hospital affiliations, Dr. Rafiq also has an office at Presbyterian Wound Care Clinic.
For on-site evaluations, call our admissions hotline at (469) 693-6054.